I'm really so useless in the kitchen...

So I want to use chicken for a number of dishes, enchiladas, on a salad, and then just as a meat served with veggies. I have a package of boneless skinless chicken breast and I want to just cook it all up at once and then use it for the next 3 dinners. What do you think it the best way to cook it for this? I don't want to grill because hubby is deployed and I don't do the grill (plus it's cold, wet and dark!) and I don't have a grill pan. So I was thinking roasting/ baking. I am more of a recipe kind of girl, so I'm just useless when it's improv in the kitchen. Thanks for the help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would cut the chicken up . Get a pan put some water or oil whatever you chose, put it on medium heat and cook it that way.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• i agree with army wife just put a tablespoon or so of oil in the pan and cook it chopped up.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I agree with the previous poster, or you can put it in the crock pot with some chicken broth or water and let it cook in there during the day. It gets really tender and shreds very easily. This is how I do it for my enchiladas because I like the chicken to shred nicely for them. It might not be so good for chicken with salad or with veggies though...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Well those would work for the enchiladas, but I want to also eat it just as a chicken breast and sliced on a garden salad, so wouldn't it be bland for my other meals?
    Anonymous

• http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=chicken%20breast

this is a good site for diferent recipes check it out you can type things in and they have tons of recipes

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• You can either cut it up into chunks and brown it in a fry pan, or you can bake it in the oven whole until browned. Then cut it up as you need it. Either way will work.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Cooks.com
    Foodnetwork.com
    Allrecipes.com
    KraftKitchens.com

Are all great websites for recipes and tips.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Let me share one of my favorite recipes. Put two or three boneless chicken breasts in a crock pot and 2 can's of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup. Add a large scoop of sour cream and two of those ranch Italian dry mix packets used to make salad dressing.Use one of the soup cans to measure some water into the crock pot. Cook until the chicken is fully white (about two hours) and throw together some rice at the last minute. Yummy!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:13 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Agh, no one's given you much real help have they! Do you have any favorite herbs/spices/seasoning blends? Here's what I suggest. Get an oven pan (like a 9x13 or whatever) big enough to hold all of them at once. Place then in the pan still frozen, pour a little olive oil over them, and use your hands to coat them all well with the oil. Wash your hands. Pour you favorite seasoning/etc over them (I like to use Lawry's seasoned pepper, or Mrs Dash has tons of salt-free stuff, or just your favorite herbs - whatever sounds good!). If you want them really flavored, use more, if you want just a hint of goodness, don't use as much. Cover the pan with foil, put in a cold oven, and turn on to 200 degrees. After an hour put it up to 250, then after another hour go up to 300. After an hour at 300, check them, and if they're about done, uncover and put up to 350 for just few minutes. If they're not done, keep going at 300 for a while first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Nov. 28, 2009