have you used?

have you used walking wings to teach your baby walk? its a band wrapping around his/her chest w/ strings to hold/support by.
any insights on those? thank you all.

baby133

Asked by baby133 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• babys in my opinion learn to walk on there own, i find things like your describing a waste of money and a way for people to make money. please let your child learn on there own.
    Anonymous

• I don't think I know anyone who has used that product. Have you looked on the babies r us website? There are usually a lot of consumer reviews on products on that site. That might be helpful.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:52 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• You know. I have never used them but my guess is you really want need it. All healthy babies learn to walk on there own. So if it were me I would say you might do better with getting a walker. These don't really teach them to walk but, its a good way to strengthen their legs , and they can play at the same time.

smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• no, i dont think i ever would..when a child is ready he/she will...its not something that should be forced..it can cause leg problems down the road
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2668286

Try this page. It's a similar product and if you scroll down you can read what people have to say about it. So loved it (easy on the back), some not so much.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• well, i understand you all and could not agree more. my boy is a bit heavy and i thought of 'helping' him to learn. i did not want to pull by his hands much at any time - all that weight 25lb at 9mths. he'll only get heavier and heavier, and me ... weaker and weaker from lifting him so often as to burp or change his diaper. any suggestions?
    i've got the walker, but he does not pull himself yet. he does stand for 3 secs or so when pulled, but that's it. he's not ready yet.
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I just watched a couple videos on youtube about "walking wings" and have to say, I find it pretty stupid myself. I have three kids that were fine learning to walk NATURALLY and would never get them for my LO when she starts to walk. I'm sorry I just find it stupid. But that's my opinion and to each their own.
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 12:06 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I think they are silly and I don't think they would help a child learn to walk. They learn when they are ready....
    With my son we found he learned better balance if we were down on the floor letting him hold our fingers for support but not pulling up on his hands
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:49 AM on Nov. 28, 2009