My eyes hurt like hell!

For the last few weeks, my eyes have been hurting. They feel really, really dry. Eyedrops don't seem to help at all. I have contacts, but I've worn them for twelve years and I've never had a problem like this. I've tried going without the contacts, but that makes no difference. It almost feels like my eyes are "drying up", if that makes any sense. I can still get them to water if I try, so it isn't a clogged duct or anything. But they don't seem to water on their own. Is this something anyone else has ever dealt with? If so, what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You may need to see your eye doctor.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:21 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I have dry eyes right now, too. I think it's just the season. I have contacts, but also have not had any probs in the past. I guess just try to drink more water, and use eye drops. :)
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 12:37 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Oh, well, I forgot to mention that mine don't HURT. But they are very dry.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 12:38 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I just spoke to my Dr. about this. She recommended drops obviously. But also a new pillows, as older ones can irritate your eyes. You can also try a water vaporizer to put more water in the air.

If your mouth is very dry also, you may want to go talk to your Dr. there is a blood test they can do to see if your glands that produce those reactions are under active. My test came out normal.

But sometimes when I wake up in the AM, my eyelid is literally stuck to my eyeball. It feels like ripping your bare leg off a vinyl chair in the summer. Ouch.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:22 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Oh and make sure you aren't dehydrated.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:23 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I went through something similar, my dr. asked about my work and how long i was on the computer both at work and at home (at the time i was a working mom) she had me come in after work and on a day off and then told me that it was due to eye strain, i would get headaches also sometimes, it turned out that the computer screen was partly to blame and bad lighting when working on the computer.

I had to use eye drops to help keep them moist and now have to wear glasses when working on the computer, I would talk to your doctor they may suggest you wear glasses instead of contacts while on the computer, watching tv, or doing any type of work that requires your eyes to focus on one area for long periods of time.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:48 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Are you pregnant? My eyes (with contacts) acted like that when I was preggo.Try lubricating drops for contacts or I love blink to clean drops. My eyes have been bugging me a little bit as of late too. Maybe give your self a break from the contacts?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2009