Do your kids share rooms? How old are they?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 12:11 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes. Boys are 1 and 7. Girls are 4 and 10.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• we have 4 kids. the girls share a room and they are 12 and 7. the boys share a room and they are 5 and 2. i know the 12 yr old would like her own room, but since the house is only a 3 bedroom, she just has to deal with it. my poor husband was the youngest of 14 kids, and they had to sleep at least 6 in a bed. and it wasnt king size!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:19 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• omg one of 14 kids, always someone to play with.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:24 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Yep, my 3 boys (13, 11, 3) have to share a room cause our house is only 2 bedrooms -- and unfortunately we are not able to move or build an addition.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:37 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Right now we only have two bedrooms until dh finishes the third so all three kids are in the same room - 2 boys (ages 2 and 3) and one girl (3 months)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• At this point my 2 teens have their own rooms but when we had all 4 of our sons at home they shared a room with someone. My older 2 shared a room from the time they were they were a year old and 2 1/2 years old until they were 9 & 7 1/2 and my younger 2 shared a room from 1 and 2 1/2 as well. When our youngest was 4 and our oldest was 9 all 4 boys moved in to the same room (the biggest bedroom in the house) and used the extra bedroom as their play/TV room. Our oldest shared with his brothers until he was 17 and left for college & our 2nd son shared with his brothers until he was 18 and moved out. Our younger 2 have had their own rooms for the last 4 years, since they were 14 and 15.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I know several people who have more bedrooms, but still have the kids share a room....I shared a room with my sister for my entire childhood. All I can say is, I always wanted my own room! If the kids are getting older and wishing for their own space, but it isn't an option to give them their own room, let them decorate their own part of the room the way they like...pick out their own colors, etc.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:06 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Yep. They are 3 years old and 10 months old.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:58 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I have 3 daughters aged 18, 13 and 8. My 8-yr-old had her own room until she was 5 and now she shares her room with my 13-yr-old so the oldest one can have her own room. I am trying to get the attick renovated so it can be my bedroom so the girls can have seperate rooms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• No, they sleep in seperate rooms. Two boys aged 5 and 9.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Nov. 28, 2009