NAKED BOY!!!

My 2 year old son has always been somewhat difficult to get diapered and dressed in the mornings (and after baths... and throughout the day). I was able to handle him up until this past week. He kicks. He cries. He runs away from me and hides. I am 7 months preg and unable to be as physically coercive as I used to be.
Once the diapers and clothes are on- they are ripped off and strewn all over the house. What can I do to control my little boy (who has the strenght of the Incredible hulk) and make his diaper changes and dressings go more smoothly!?

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 12:41 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He really loves his naked time :) Go with it - tell him that he can spend X amount of time each day with no clothes on - pick a time when you're always home and can give him 30 min to 1 hr of clothes-free time. Explain that by giving him this time, he is expected to wear his diaper and clothes the rest of the day, and that tearing off his clothes without your permission means losing his naked time.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i think ThiffanyMarie80 has a great idea. I would try that too.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:41 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Oh sorry about the spelling...TiffanyMarie80 :)
    heartfrommyson

• We used to do naked time too. She is almost three and has pretty much grown out of the naked phase.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:31 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• My 3 year old is still constantly taking her pants off! If you figure this one out let me know!
    MammaMcC

Answer by MammaMcC at 9:03 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• My kids are little nudists... DS1 is 6 and prefers walking around in his underwear (at least we make him keep that on!) DS2 is 22 mo and trying to potty train himself... so he's ALWAYS naked... I cant keep clothes or a diaper on him (I am thisclose to getting duct tape...) and of course, DS3 is in the stage where he wiggles and squirms (7 mo) during diaper changes and clothes... and is starting to figure out how to undo his diaper. Nice. Nothing wrong with naked tho, unless you have company or you're out in public... If mommy didnt live in a houseful of people, she would be a nudist too.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 28, 2009