My Husband And I Need Your Help!!!

My Daughter is 20 Months old & For some reason wont let my husband hold her. She freaks out and starts crying and reaching for me when he tries to pick her up . She will play with him but just not let him hold her for some reason. I am with her the most and he is working all the time and is around but mostly sleeps goes to work repeats lol but he is off on weekends and he will play with her she just wont let him hold her? Has anyone else been through this or knows what is causing it also he is the one who disciplines her and sticks with it more then I ...I know that is wrong but I hate seeing her little eyes tear up and her little lip stick out lol please no rude comments .Just really need to know if it is a phase or something

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son went through this around 20 months. I could barely leave the house without a major melt down. It lasted for about a month (maybe 2... it felt like forever). Try to hang in there. I honestly don't know what we did to help him snap out of it- I think it was just a phase.

Maybe have your husband take her out to a meal once a week or for ice cream or something to have one on one time between them. McDonalds Play Place is always a big hit with my little boy. Good luck- try to tell your husband not to take it personally.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:45 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• you just described my DD except shes 17months...im guessing its a phase(DH works like that too)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• is it some after shave treatment he uses or maybe his cheeks-hair rubbing her face when he's holding her.
    does he talk to her as to prepare her onon the action. my dh and i we both say 1,2,3 and up so the routine is the same.
    i always cheer my boy 9 mths to my dh comming up every morning saying 'look daddy' with enthusiasm and wide smile. and even though my dh lets my ds cry more, does not respond as fast as I etc, he always smiles to him. i don't know if not even much more than at me. it's enough to say 'hi daddy' and 'hi baby' and my son is all his.
    i'd say, you 2 have to stick to the same routine, whatever you have.
    sorry, i have none experience beyond my son's age.

baby133

Answer by baby133 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• My daughter went through the same thing. The good news is that they grow out of it (it feels like forever, but really, only a month or 2). The bad news is that with many families I know, although so far not my own, it happens again about a year later. We did the daddy dates once a week and that did seem to help. Daddy is also the one who puts her to bed most nights, a ritual that started because of this phase. We used to both tuck her in, but her special Daddy time has helped immensely.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• My son was like that with ALL men for about a year or so... i dont know why but whenever a an looked at him, or whenever he looked at a man he would start crying. i used ot not be able to go to the store without my son crying, because men are every wear. the good thing is that they grow out of it, some sooner than others, some later.
    lindseylovesyou

Answer by lindseylovesyou at 2:00 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• She is female and will change to loving her Daddy as she gets older so enjoy the time now! Females change to Daddys girls and males change to Mommy's boys! Don't ever argue around her or talk about him to other people in front of her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• My daughter went through a phase where she was like this, and I was told "this too shall pass". Good luck mama just hang in there!

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 5:33 AM on Nov. 28, 2009