display of anger

do you think it's ok for your husband to display his anger by hitting stuff and punching holes in the wall??? i don't, but i let my hubby know this when he did it about 8 months ago. he started doing it again today, honestly it makes me nervous. what if he get mad and hits me or my son one day? should i be nervous? am i right to tell him to stop? i think it's immature to be putting holes in walls anyways.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd be uncomfortable and very nervous... if you have to wonder weather or not he'd hit you or your son, I think you have your answer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• My DH does this. He has temper tantrums as I call them. I for the most part, ignore it. I have been with him for 15 years and he's never once tried to hit me or our kids. He is channeling his aggression through another outlet. It would be worse if he kept it inside. He has broken at least one coffee table and put a hole in a door. I know he wouldn't hit me, but he did grow up for the first 7 years with an abusive father. So he has broken the cycle. HOWEVER, if it bothers you, then it is technically considered emotional abuse. It isn't in my case, because it doesn't bother me, I have never been afraid of my DH. Still, I would recommend talking with his DR., men who are depressed become aggressive, not weepy and distraught. Once my Dh was on meds for his depression, that tapered off dramatically. Also watch the caffine intake, that can help too.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:09 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• sorry that should have said "can become aggressive".
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:10 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• you should have him evaluated mentally. if you get scared, the best you could do would be to call 911. they could have be taking him for treatment w none but. as the hole are i the wall. i'd call anonymously not to have him mad onto you all the later years. if you think he's ok mentally, but simply destroys things, i'd have him ordered therapy if he's not agreeable to it. talk w/ his/your/your child's physician1st and see what they have to say. could anyone of them have taken action to have his therapy ordered by the judge, if he's totally against? Ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Nov. 28, 2009