anyone on methadone and newly pregnant or on heroin or other opiates? i know i need to get on methadone asap i dont wanna lose my baby to miscarriage cuz the drs wont get their butts in gear to help!!!

newly prego..unsure how far...guess 4-6-8wks tops....problem is durin this time i got pg and the past 5yrs i been using heroin very dangerous addiction..and i been unable to detox due to the fact that withdrawal can cause miscarriage and im not about to risk that cuz this pregnancy is the best thing thats happened to me and my boyfriend....i just have2 get on methadone til the baby is born and it will be born very healthy as far as many i know have been under the care of MM...my only problem is i do not have anything and am going thru hell and am scared til monday or tuesday....ugggghhh/// not to mention the love of my life is being forced by hid parents to go away to a year long bible college boot camp type thing so he will miss everything!!! and i neeed him so badly! and my family just does not understand and just is trying to help but their way or the highway even t

xxxnataliexxx

Asked by xxxnataliexxx at 1:31 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Forevermom75 clearly she doesn't want to hurt the child that's why she's asking for help. So unless you're actually going to offer up some advice just shut up and stop attacking her. Now to the question do what you can to get help. I agree with the pps. Try to find a rehab center or NA group. And if you're really that scared about it go to the urgent care or the er to see if they can get you on the methadone. Gl. I hope everything works out for you and you can overcome this addiction.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• my advice would be to find a rehab center in the area and talk to them about your situation (pregnancy) and see if they would be willing to admit you and help you out with both the addiction and pregnancy. It would be better for you to be in a facility being monitored with the methadone so that they may be able to start you off and then taper it down to nothing.

better for your baby to be on nothing.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I have no idea what to tell you but what do you plan on doing after the baby is born (with your addiction I mean)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I wish so bad that this was a joke. Unfortunately I don't think it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I don't think its a good idea for you to do any drugs, that are not under the care of a physican. Maybe you should go to an urgent care or an emergency room
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• ps- I'm not asking about what you're gonna do after the baby is born to be rude.I just want to know if you are looking for a long term thing or your just want to get clean for the pregnancy
    Anonymous

• Go to an NA meeting & talk to someone there. I guarantee there will be SOMEONE there that will be able to guide you in the right direction. Google Narcotics Anonymous to find meetings near you! The sooner you get to one of those meetings & talk to someone, the sooner you'll be able to get on the right path...
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:06 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Go to these links and check these groups out here on cafemom; they might offer more help.
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/14004/
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/17944/
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/105517/
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/107566/
    You can find more by clicking the find groups tab and typing in addict as keyword. Hope you get some help for yours and your babies sake. Good luck; you are in my prayers. I know it's hard just hang in there and stay strong. You CAN do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I am on methadone and had my son 3 months ago. He had to stay in the hospital for 6 weeks (to get weaned off methadone). He was born in withdrawal. It's the hardest thing you will ever have to see. I'm sure it's much better than if you were to stay on heroin. Find a clinic and get in methadone maintenance asap! One thing I didn't know until after, is after 14 weeks and before 32 weeks, it is safe to begin going down on your dose. The least dose your on when you give birth the less chance there is of your baby being addicted. Don't be scared, with methadone you will not have the cravings - no withdrawl (once you get to the right dose) It will make you comfortable and make you feel normal.
    To everyone so quick to judge - mothers on methadone have no other choice and are only doing the best they possibly can for their baby. There is a great chance of miscarrage if you withdrawl yourself. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I know a little boy who was born on methadone....it is not right, has many learning, speech and physical issues. His older sister was born on herion, she is normal......???? Just from my experience, be careful......IMO it would be best to find a rehab that would help you not be on any of this while pregnant. Not trying to scare you just something for you to think about. Best of luck to you!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 12:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2009