Grrrrr this makes me quite angry! How would you feel?

Okay so my little sister lives with me all week and goes with her Dad on the weekends. She goes to church with him every sunday which is good for her, but the kids are mean and snooty to her, she doesnt like it at that church... Its small about 50 people. Well I myself don't like this church because My sister was at church Summer Day Camp there a few years back. I was about 10 minutes early to pick her up since it was during the week which is when I have her. Well the Pastor actually came out and told me I needed to leave! and that I couldnt park in their parking lot. Idont give a shit if youre the Pope youre not keeping me from my kids! That pissed me off and it took a lot for me to hold back on this guy. So needless to say I already have issues with this church. My sisters Dad bought her tickets to some church event in Los Angeles. Which is roughly 3 hours away. I let her go and made her take her Cell phone and

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Charger with her so she could call me if she needed too and I could call to check on her. I JUST got a phone call at 10:35 PM…. It is now 10:41pm! It was my sis saying “I guess we’re not allowed to have cell phones theyre taking mine away” I said Hell no you keep that phone. How am I supposed to get ahold of you? She said IDK I’ll call you in the morning but I cant keep the phone they want it…. Then she said goodbye real fast and hung up… Now her phone is off and I cant get ahold of her. WHAT THE FUCK kind of church is this? This isn’t school why cant she have her phone? I said she needed to keep it and obviously she was scared to disobey them and keep it. Now I cant get ahold of her and Im going to KILL these people. This is not a church I want her attending anymor What would you do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• WOW!!!! i wouldnt call this a church more of a cult....i mean come on , i have to admit this kinda pissed me off too(just reading it) i would def have a talk with her dad or prohibit her from going to that place at all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• it would say no.. i can understand her having to shut it off at certain times but not taking it away.

why kind of church is it, what denomination?

I'm a sociology major in my final year and i've done some research/study on religious cults and this is ringing a bell lol

I personally wouldn't allow my lil sis to keep attending when they seem so unconcerned with the parents(aka you) and their wishes.

If it was me..i'd be driving down to get her lol but that might be overreacting lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:48 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Do you have custody of her? If you do, and you are able to, maybe you should go and get her? If it were my sister or child that is what I would do. If that is not an option I would call her dad, or try and find someone to take me to get her. Sorry you are going through this. I would be going insane right now, if it were me.
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 1:48 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Also, would you mind keeping us updated on this? Thank you.
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 1:50 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i think its a cult called G12 google it....they arent allowed to tell ANYONE about what they do or talk about @ church, unless of course you are a member
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• If you have custody then I would put an end to it, this sounds very like a cult. Just the part where the pastor comes out and tells you to leave screams that there is a problem. Anytime i have gone to a church to pick my kids or someone Else's up the people are very nice and answer any questions i have. We don't attend a church but i have allowed my kids to go to bible school at different churches and have never run into any problems like what your describing.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:56 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• from what i read they have been accused of being involved in money laundering in columbia and are/were being investigated by the anti-drug units.

I would probably be heading to pick her up if that was my sister....

this is a call that you have to make about her safety, because only you know your sister and anything about this group.

What worries me is that they are disconnecting her from the outside world..which is a tactic used in cults to strengthen the persons ties to the group by weakening or eliminating their ties to the outside world.

Please keep us updated...thanks
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I googled it and found this link http://www.intotruth.org/apostasy/G12testimony2.htm this is one very scary story! Is this event your sister has been sent to one of these retreats? If so I would do something quick, this sounds like one scary group, especially for a young girl who is still emotionally growing and learning.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:06 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• That definitely does not sound right and I attend church on a regular basis. Churches are normally welcoming and our paster and members are ALWAYS trying to get the parents of the children who attend involved. Never would anyone at my church disreguard or try to seperate the parents from the children because we want the church to be a welcoming friendly place so that hopefully the parents will start coming too. I can't believe those things you said happened. Something is not right at all and you need to get your sis asap. They can't keep her from you; even if you don't have custody I really don't see much her dad can do to you. It's not like you are kidnapping her from her, you would just be removing her from an unhealthy situation and (depending on your plan) giving your sis back to her dad after you get her. I would stress your concerns to her dad; i don't know if I would call the church a cult to him because he............
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:13 AM on Nov. 28, 2009