ham?

ok so i'm having ham for my late thanksgiving (hubby had to work) this is mt first time making ham .. my mom says just put cloves, brown sugar and mustard on it ... but really mom? lol got any other ideas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I'd use pineapple :P
    Domsmom2009

Answer by Domsmom2009 at 2:21 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• by the already cooked hams with the glaze that comes with it. really simple and mine tasted great
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i always put like an inch of juice on the bottom of the pan, and let the ham cook in that..any kind of juice works..apple, orange, fruit, pineapple..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:55 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Look up ham recipes on the internet.....that is what I would do. But, your mom's recipe sounds good, actually. There is usually a reason why certain recipes are classics!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• allrecipes.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Here's my glaze recipe: mix in bowl: 1/2 jar of orange marmalade, 1/2 jar of pineapple/mango preserves, a splash of apple juice and a splash of sprite...pour over ham, and continue to baste with it while the ham bakes...will make it very sweet and juicy...I always get tons of compliments on it.
    ilovedogs1967

Answer by ilovedogs1967 at 10:00 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I put mine in a pan (fatty side up) and just let it go like that. I don't put anything on my hams, except maybe some foil so they don't get too done on the outside! If it's already cooked, or smoked or whatever, all you're doing is heating it up. But I think all that glaze-y stuff is overrated, and just do it plain. You can have sauces later for each person to use if they so desire.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• All i do is put pineapple rings all over the outside of it stab a cherry with a toothpick and put it in the hole of pineapple to hold it onto the ham, then pour the pineapple juice in the bottom. It makes really good gravy! ( yes i know its to late but for future refrences lol)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:11 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• try sweet and sour sauce on it its amazing, ive also put honey on b4 really good!
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Here's my recipe. I always make it for Christmas dinner, and friends who come over absolutely love it. Mix 1 cup brown sugar with 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1 tsp dry ground mustard, and 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes. Score the ham on the fatty side. Place it fat side up in a crock pot (or in a roasting pan for the oven). Pour a can of Dr Pepper (let it go flat for about 30 minutes before you use it) over the ham. Then rub the ham generously with the brown sugar mixture. Cook in the crock pot for 4 hours on high, then turn to low til time to serve. Check the internal temp with a meat thermometer to make sure it reaches the 165 its supposed to. If you have to bake it in the oven, insert a digital thermometer so you can see when it reaches the right temperature. Bake on 350 covered with a foil "tent". I woudl estimate at least an hour, hour and a half depending on the size of the ham.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:36 AM on Nov. 29, 2009