How do I keep myself from getting emotionally attached?

I have been talking to this guy who lives 600 miles away from me... he is amazing! He is always complimenting me and making me feel special. Well, the problem is... we live so far away from eachother and neither of us are going to move from where we are right now, we both have talked about it and text buddies are what we are going to be... just friends who act like they are crushing on eachother... lol. Nothing will ever come out of this so how do I keep myself from getting emotionally attached?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Find someone else..let him go, dont flirt keep it just friends..or else your gonna get hurt if you guys really decide nothing will ever come out of it..there is no way of controling when you fall for someone..keep your heart safe and good luck!
    Eveshalloween

Answer by Eveshalloween at 5:22 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Take a step back from this....that is the only way! The more you continue it, the more attached you are going to get.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:00 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Please be careful. There are so many predators out there on the Internet that find vulnerable women online and many times no good comes from it in the end. Find out more about him. There are free sites that you can go to and make sure he's not married or just another con man trying to lure you or take you for everything you have. Check out sites like www.womansavers.com and www.dontdatehimgirl.com. Even whitepages.com will let you see if a wife is in the household, if he uses his real name. Do a search at www.zabasearch.com, too.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:42 AM on Nov. 28, 2009