what is this? favoritism?

ok let me just say that i'm am so grateful for everything my parents have done for me over the past years of my life. i know I wasn't an angel and they took so much shit from me and kept loving me through all the years.
me and my husband are broke, we're having a really rough time and we barely have enough money to put food on the table. we're already living in his parents basement and they help us out enough as it is.
my mom has been getting on my nerves lately though- i didn't have any winter shoes (all flats) and i desperately needed some, but me and hubby are trying not to charge too much. i asked her if she's get me a cheep pair of shoes or boots for winter, i'd even pay her back.
her answer was "i can't do that, your married now and it's your husbands job to provide for you" she's well aware of our situation.
this is what gets me- my 17 year old sister comes up the stairs and asks my mom for makeup.
cont-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• my mom was totally willing to get her that. no Q's asked even though my sister has plenty of makeup and is capable of buying it herself.
    ugh, i guess this is a vent. she just pisses me off sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I understand your frustration but i agree with your mother. If you decided that you were old enough to get married, than you should be responsible for your own needs. I too have a spoiled brat sister and would love it if my mother purchased my clothes, shoes and make-up but accept it, those days are over.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 3:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Your sister is a kid and still living at home! Your mom is right, you're an adult now and married with you own family! Although it doesn't sound like you guys are very independent or responsible at all! Your mom's probably just trying not to further enable you and get you to GROW UP. I say good job for her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Do you even realize how pathetic this sounds? How old are you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I really have to agree with all PP. I do know how you feel. My parents have 4 kids, and when my sis and I moved out there was obviously extra money so my brothers got things that we never did, so there was always some jealousy on our part, but you get over it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:26 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• OMG. Grow the f*** up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Your mother has her reasons....I imagine she is trying to teach you the lesson that you have made decisions that you now have to live with. Some parents continue to do a great deal for their children---adult children---even after they are married and have kids of their own. Some parents don't feel it is right. Maybe she will get you some shoes as a Christmas gift?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:57 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• You can get some great shoes and boots at the Salvation Army.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• yeah, I got some (new with tags) UGG boots at the Goodwill for $6.00. They are warm and great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• It's not favoritism if you are a married adult with a husband to provide for you and your sister is single, a minor and your mom's responsibility.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:38 AM on Nov. 28, 2009