has any1 tryed the ortho evra patch(birthcontrol) ? did u smoke if so how did that effect u?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No because it wasn't worth the extra chance of a stroke or worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• My SIL just got out of the hosptial last week from a blook clot. She got it from her birth control. She is NOT a big smoker. Just a few a month if that. So I wouldnt take the chance. I too am a smoker and thats the number one reason Im not on BC
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:20 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I had it and it was horrible. I didnt get a clot or anything but it always left a nasty sticky thing where ever it was. It would fall off in the shower and was just horrible and gross looking by the end of the week.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:40 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I was on it for about 3 or 4 years...I liked it...It never bothered me...I smoked and plus I was over the weight limit that you are suppost to be to be on it...It worked fine for me...I took it of in July and never got pregnant til January....so I think it was better than the pill or the shot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I have been on the patch for about 5 years now and haven't had any problems with it at all.
    becky380

Answer by becky380 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I used it when it first came out for 2 years.I was a smoker and allot younger.So you have to do a pro's and con's list for you.There are also other options as well.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 10:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I used it for over a year. I don't smoke but never had any issues with it.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 11:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I USED IT FOR A FEW MONTHS. THE ADHESIVE LEFT WELTS ON MY LEGS. ALSO IT RIPPED OFF A FE TIMES. I JUST DIDNT LIKE IT. I PREFERRED THE RING OVER THAT.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 11:53 AM on Nov. 29, 2009