eye discharge- 24 days old

baby has runny watery eye with thick yellow discharge- has been stuffy for ten days

ideas

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:11 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She probably has a blocked tear duct. Take her to the doc and they will give her eye drops. Till then, just use a warm, moist wash cloth to keep the eye clean. Nothing to worry about.
    KurgansMom

Answer by KurgansMom at 6:51 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I agree, he probably has a clogged duct. If the white of the eye isn't red at all I would assume it's that.
    To make it better... take a warm wash cloth and a couple times a day massage tear duct, it should help clear it up.
    My son had clogged duct until he was about 11 months old... it would come and go.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:15 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• My dd had that for the first 5 months. Her tear ducts were still closed. My doc said that they would open on their own and if it wasnt by 1yr they would do surgery(its just a poke in the tear duct) Good Luck!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:38 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• my boy had yellow discharge and watery eye at some point also. it was not the tear duct. i know a drop of milk went into it causing this problem, even though his doc said it could not be from that. i used cotton ball dipped in warm and boiled water to clear it several times. later dried it w/ another cotton ball each time. it passed quickly.
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• ty so much
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:37 AM on Nov. 28, 2009