What do The Holidays mean to You?

Shyma

Asked by Shyma at 9:08 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i know what their supposed to mean..but in reality, its busyness. busy at work, busy at the grocery store, busy in traffic, busy visiting family/friends...busybusybusy.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:11 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• ('they're'..not 'their'.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:12 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. There's no pressure. No gifts, everyone likes food, so there's never disappointment. And it makes me think of all the people I'm truly thankful for.
    Christmas? Don't do much to celebrate it. I don't believe in going into debt for such a commercialized holiday. If I'm not telling these people I love you all through the year, why am I rushing out to buy gifts that they probably don't need, and I probably can't afford? I celebrate birthdays as if it were Christmas.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:13 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• The holidays mean stress and to many familial obigations to me. I keep hoping that we'll be living far away for the next holiday season. So far, no beans.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:15 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• The holidays mean a time for celebration of Jesus' birth, peace, and love. That's the true meaning of the holidays, but personally, since my Dad passed away, the holidays mean a time of depression, anger, stress and wishing I was alone~ no family or friends.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:24 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Time moving faster than the speed of light, trying to get a million different things done before time runs out, decorating and festivities, traffic becoming worse and worse in my town, more vehicular accidents because dummies don't know how to be patient or look where they are going, stores being overcrowded and overheated, lots of birthdays (4 bdays & 1 anniversary between thanksgiving and Christmas), becoming broke, forgetting a gift for someone and having to get something at the last minute, driving down the interstate for a couple of hours to be with extended family that I have nothing in common with, getting stuck in the traffic on the interstate, listening and loving the Christmas music and tv specials, gaining weight on fattening foods.......and finally........keeping Jesus first and foremost in my thoughts at all times, especially when I want to wring someone's neck.
    Merry Christmas!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:34 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• They are stressful to me. I really can't afford to buy presents for all my family. It is also stressful having to deal with my brother and sister in law. She can't stand us, but he insists on us having dinner together, etc.
    I can't wait until this time of the year is over.
    skymcr

Answer by skymcr at 10:45 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Family time, stress, vegging around the house, laughter with/at my children, excitment watching them learn and enjoy holiday times.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Wow, its sad how many people don't enjoy the holiday season! To me it means spending tons of time with my wonderful family, eating lots of delicious food, and putting love and peace at the front of my thoughts.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 10:57 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• making sure my children have a wonderful christmas my lil man is three in a few weeks so its all about him
    aaronsmom799

Answer by aaronsmom799 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 28, 2009