Training Pants?

My LO is ready to start training. She is 17 mos and is on the very petite side.. She is close to 17 lbs. I am looking for suggestions on training pants because I can't seem to find any in a size that would work for her. She is very aware when her diaper is wet and wants to take it off and sit on the potty. I am excited about going into this new adventure with her. I was hoping some of you may have suggestions about training pants. We don't want to use pull ups and they don't come in her size any way. I found some Potty Patty pants they may fit, but other suggestions will be very helpful. Thanks!

coala

Asked by coala at 9:11 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Aaaa. I am not sure what I am going to do either. The smallest training underwear I can find is for 18 months. Underwear does fit a little snug, so that helps a little. I have thought about just pinning a cloth diaper on my daughter, and may yet try that. Sorry, I'm not much help. I would just look at any store you are in and buy the smallest ones you see - even regular underwear.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:46 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Well, I normally don't like pullups, but I did buy a package of the white cloud ones a while back for my son, and I noticed the 2T-3T size is really small - so maybe you can try those if you need to. The cloth training pants you can sew little gathers into the waistband to keep them snugger - I had to do the same thing, then as they get bigger if they still need them you can take out the stitches holding a gather at a time. The Gerber ones don't run too terrible big, my kids were always (and still are) so thin I had a hard time finding things for them too. Certain brands of little girls panties run smaller than others too - some of them would pretty easily fit a lil one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Nov. 28, 2009