I just completed my first trimester and I can only still tolerate carbs..Is that really bad???

I cant eat any nutritious stuff like veggies and proteins and even my prenatal vitamins.They still make me sick so I only eat blang carbs like noodles,white rice and cassava (I'm in Nigeria).Also,I still drink a tiny glass of red wine everyother day cos I get SOOOOO thirsty.I cant keep any other fluids down except that and my doctor said it was ok but I cant help wondering... is my baby's health is in danger because of this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A glass of wine is fine. I know people disagree but like Irishmomma said it is an American thing to be highly against having a drink when pregnant. If your dehydrated to begin with the wine isn't the best thing(although a glass/4oz, isn't significant) Its funny because I've seen people eat junk food their whole pregnancy, get gestational diabetes and then preach about a glass of wine. Back on topic... Have you tried some home cooked chicken soup? Its one of my soothing morning sickness go to meals. Let me know I'll send you a simple recipe.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Just being from America- the wine does worry me, but thats between you and your doctor. As for the carbs- if thats all you can eat, its much better than starving. You and your baby aren't going to get any nutrition from foods you throw up. Plus, I've always been told that the baby will just take what it needs out of your stores before going without. Just keep giving it time and hopefully you'll be able to start to incorporate other food groups soon.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:18 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• all i ate during my pregnancy was some kind of pasta because that was all my stomache would handle, as far as the wine i wouldn't know, but the reason most doctors say stay away from alot of carbs during pregnancy is it increases your chance of having a big baby. My son was only 5lbs so as long as your eating something thats good. Even though it may make you sick, drink as much water as you can, because dehydration can cause premature labor or miscarrage
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 9:22 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• What I can eat changed with each trimester. Do your best and I'm sure your baby will be fine. I'm really jealous of the wine thing. My doctor wouldn't even let me use listerene mouthwash because of the alcohol.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Thanks a lot,Farrahann.I'd love the recipe for the chicken soup.Who knows..it might stay down.My handle is whiskey80.
    whiskey80

Answer by whiskey80 at 10:24 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Its in your mail..feel better.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2009