Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anybody written to Congress about Child Support?

I ask because my brother who is in the army is telling me to write to my State Congressman about my ex-husband (who is in the army) and not paying child support. I am going through Child Support Enforcement agency and they have sent letters to the army and to him about back child support and not paying. The Army received this letter in August of this year and I have not seen not one cent from them. My ex is close to 6 months behind and owes close to $4,000. Every once in a while he will send maybe $200 and that is to get himself out of going to court. The CSE agency sends 3 letters out, 1st one is you are behind, 2nd one is you are behind and pay now, the 3rd letter is...We are taking you back to court (basically). That is when he sends a little bit of money because then the letters start back at number 1 and he has another three months of just letters no action. He also refuses to let me know where he is at (no address).


Asked by MyGirlParadise at 9:21 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 11 (596 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • IME CS enforcement SUCKS! Trying to write the State about it might help since your ex is in the Army though. But once CS found out he was in the Army they should be able to garnish his pay.

    Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

  • goaliemom93....I am starting to figure out that CSE does suck because CS knew from the start that he was in the Army. Army received a letter about non-payment of Child Support in August 2009 and they have not started payments yet. The sad thing about this, it is in our Court papers that he was to start pay roll deductions in April 2009 and never had. He would write a check, send it to his lawyer and his lawyer would send it to my lawyer and then I would have to go there and pick it up. During this time he would write the checks for two different amounts on the check, write a date that was a month and a half outdated or a month and half in advance. The outdated checks the bank wouldn't take nor would they take the checks written in two different amounts which were the check written in a month and a half inadvance. I got sick of it and that is when I decided to go to the CS enforcement agency. Nothing is working.

    Answer by MyGirlParadise at 11:35 AM on Nov. 28, 2009