If you had a new baby in the family but the parents had not invited u over to see it, and they weren't the "drop in anytime" type people. would you just wait till Christmas to see the baby?

That's the situation we're in now. Hubster's brother and wife had a baby, and haven't called us or anything to come see it...hubby says just wait till Christmas. I don't know what to think.

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 9:26 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe you should call and offer yourself. "Can I help you with anything?" "Would you like me to stay with the baby for a couple hours while you guys go out to dinner?" "Can I come over and help you around the house?" "Can we come over and see the baby, we bought a little gift for you."
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Give the mom and dad some time to adjust. Also, with all the germs (swine flu) out there, it's best to let the child build up a bit of immunity. You never know what germs you carry.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i don't thing that when some body have new baby invite others ,,u have to call guys and say that u wana come to visit and and u have stuff for thebaby,,,,,,call first the mom of the new baby!!! see wats going on if she still tired and she cannot welcom people,,then u leave it untill christmaxx,,,but there is no thing to bother ur self about,,watever
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i mean think sorry
    Anonymous

• Some people are just odd that way, my friend is a huge germ-a-phobe, and didn't let anyone see the baby until he was like 4 months old, lol. When they had the baby did they call you? Maybe they are upset because you didn't go to the hospital? You don't say how far apart you live, but could you call and say I bought a little something for the baby, when would be a good time to drop by and give it to you? Maybe you could offer to babysit call and say you and hubby ready for a couple of hours out yet? IDK people are strange, if you get rebuffed, I guess wait until Christmas.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:40 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• about a week before the baby was born we got a group email making it VERY clear that no one was welcome at the hospital...and we've received some pics on email of the baby..and she has texted with me about the baby, but no invitations. I guess we'll just be patient.
    its so weird though, I had hundreds of folks at the hospital and at home visits when my kids were born. I loved the attention. I can't imagine anyone not wanting it. LOL
    ilovedogs1967

Answer by ilovedogs1967 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I think you should call them. When I had my baby, I was too tired and busy to be making calls. I loved when people called and wanted to come over. It's nice to see another adult, especially if one of them had to go to work right away.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• who doesn't want to show off their new baby??
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:48 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• How old is the baby? I would wait a few weeks after the baby is born and call and say "hey, I would love to come see the baby! I will bring lunch or dinner or whatever for you guys and only stay a short time" see if that works. If not, I guess you will need to wait until Christmas, which I am sure seems like forever of you are dying to see that new little one!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Why would they call you? Aren't they busy enough. Call them and see if they need something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Nov. 28, 2009