do u have a lot of local girlfriends? or just one or two? or none? do you get to go out regularly with them??

Just wondered what other moms do for girl contact...especially those of you who are like me and not close to your own mom and don't have any sisters.

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's so tough. I do have a lot of girlfriend that live 1to3 hours away and we get to see eachother pretty often. Now that I'm a mom I've been wanting to meet other moms (the ones that understand), but it's more akward than when I was trying to date. Do I give her my phone#? What would we do?

Maybe see if you can take any night classes, like the ones your county should offer. They usually have mommy and me stuff. I don't really have solid advice, I just wanted to say I have been in your shoes.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I have one gf close by that I've known since elementary school. We talk on the phone almost every day, but only go out about once/month. ($$$!!) I have several work-friends whom I go out to dinner with about once/month too. I spend a lot of time with my computer friends and I don't feel "alone". :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I don't know anyone here so I don't get to go out unless its with my husband and children or running errands.
    I'm probably not interesting enough to be with anyway.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:27 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I have a group of friends that I went to grade and high school with. We meet once a month for dinner or drinks or some activity. It is so nice to be with people I have known since kindergarden...we are now 43 yrs old.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:45 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I have like 2 friends nearby, one I dont see often but chat with online(we live in different cities now and its hard for either of us to drive 1 1/2 hrs to visit). The other I see on a pretty regular basis and usually talk to weekly. She lives on the other side of town.

So not a ton but a decent amount.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I have a bunch of Mom's I have met through my kids sports that I am friends with. I am not the type to go a lot so maybe once a month or so. I teach and so I have my girl contact everyday at school, there are 45 women I work with, enough for anyone!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i developed a couple of really close friendships pecifically with two mothers I met at the local library playgroup. Their kids are close to my son's age, which is great because we can have playdates and us moms get to know each other! one of the moms and I have hung out outside of the mother-box and really got to know each other! Other mommy friends have moved but we keep in touch often. One of them is back in town for a bit and i can't wait to see her! She has a newborn I'm achin to meet!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:49 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I don't have any sisters, and my mom works and travels on business long hours (not to mention lives a couple hours away). I maybe see my mom once every other month and on holidays, but I wished we could visit more. My best female friend lives two states up from me. I visit her in person a couple times a year where we get our kids together and both of us catch up face to face, other than that we visit on a regular basis on the phone through the week.

I don't really crave female contact so I don't miss not having very many around me. I have friends around me that I see once in awhile, yet they are not very close. I go to various extra curricular classes where I get to spend time with others that share an interest with me. Aside from the occasional visit here and there while out I choose to spend most of my time with my very best friend in the world, my husband.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 12:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I have zero local girls to hang out with. They all disappeared when I became a mom. That's fine. Whatever. My best friend, mom, and sister are awesome people, but we all live in different states.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• same happened to me pnukey! a lot of my "friends" were my bar buddies, girls I always saw and we'd dance together, sit with each other, sometimes call each other and hang out outside the bar scene. Not just bar buddies, but my girlfriends in general, just...stopped calling and hanging out when I was preggo and had the baby. I was pretty lonely for a while! But when my son was a bit older I started going to playgroups at the library and a local cafemom group scheduled them and I made friends! Especially with those who had babies close to my son's age! I hang out with one mom on a weeky basis!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2009