Should I be concerned about a positive pregnancy?

Hey all....hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I have a question and welcome anyones thoughts! I was expecting my period to come this past Tuesday. It has been normally coming on this day for months now. I am usually pretty regular though occasionally I bleed between periods but I definately never go without having bleeding! I have yet to get my period which means I am 5 days late! I have taken 2 tests..one before I was late just out of curiousity and another today. Both have yielded negative results. I am not sure whether I should be expecting pregnancy or if something else is up. As I have said before I am not one to skip a period but if anything I will bleed the whole month through! I had my typical cramping and back pains associated with my time of the month but no period. I have not taken any birth control in 2 months. I am just asking for thoughts because I was planning on resuming bc tomorrow but not if I am prego!

Kalesmom2008

Asked by Kalesmom2008 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would go to the dollar store and buy several more pregnancy tests. Then test again the next couple of days. If you can't wait that long to find out, then I would go to the doctor Monday.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:49 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Ya i went today and got 2 tests so I am saving the other for next week! Thanks though...I am just concerned as with my son, I got a positive reading before my period was even due though all pregnancies are different! I just don't want to start taking my bc if I am pregnant because of the risks eventhough slight! Thanks for the advice!
    Kalesmom2008

Answer by Kalesmom2008 at 9:54 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i did not get a positive result with this preg. (my 4th) until i was almost 6 weeks preg. I had an IUD in when i got preg so i don't know if that had anything to do with the late result or not. I am now 19weeks preg. I would test again in a week and see what you get. Or you can go to your OB and get a blood test done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Im planning on testing again next week if it doesn't start by then! I am going to call on Monday to see if I can get in for a blood test! I hate waiting to know!
    Kalesmom2008

Answer by Kalesmom2008 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I have a question for the anon above. Did you have symptoms of pregnancy? I also have an IUD and wonder at times if I am pg but it's always been negative, haven't had a period in over 2 yrs. Just curious...
    izyandchrismomi

Answer by izyandchrismomi at 10:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Make sure you take the test the first time you go pee in the morning. The pregnancy horomone will be my concentrated then.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:24 AM on Nov. 28, 2009