do u follow the dave ramsey program??

we started it this year and its been really nice.

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm really peeved that he is making money off of common sense ideas. But yes, I follow it, just because I HAVE the common sense to know these things. Not because I'm paying someone money to tell me these things in a seminar or in a book.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I agree with anon 03.
    I have a good grasp on financial matters, and don't need the Dave Ramsey plan. But for people who don't have such a good grasp, it's a great plan. Just don't pay for the stuff.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 10:15 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I follow Dave's plan & I don't pay a penny to do it. Dave OFTEN gives his materials away. Obviously he has to charge something to help cover his costs of printing books that people use as references or to produce the CD's/DVD's that people want to buy, but you don't HAVE to pay a single penny & he'll be the first to tell you that.
    Dave's plan is simply following a step by step plan. Step ZERO: get your bills current & stop using credit cards. Step ONE: build up a baby emergency fund of $1000. Step TWO: Following a debt snowball pay off all of your debt, starting with the smallest debt first. (does not include mortgage) Step THREE: build up a fully funded emergency fund of 3 - 6 months worth of household expenses. Steps 4, 5 & 6 can be done together: increase your retirement fund contributions to 15% of your income, contribute to a college fund for your kids, & start hammering away at your mortgage. Step 7: enjoy your wealth!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• our church did a dave ramsey video teaching... i will be following his program.

some people are saying it's just "common sense".. but apparently not, look at how many people are going bankrupt, over extended with credit cards etc. and can't find a way out... apparently there are alot of people who don't have common sense. some things in his program i did no but there were others that i would have never thought to have tried.

Anonymous

• I have been to his seminar and he says right in the beginning that he is not telling u anythign that your grandma couldn't tell u. Its just that folks used to be smarter about debt and credit than they are now...I am so pleased that we have a cushion in the bank now..first time ever!!
    ilovedogs1967

Answer by ilovedogs1967 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I follow Dave Ramsey's plan and I have not given that man one red cent of my money. His radio show is free, his tv show is free, his books are at the library and his website is free. Those who pay extra for stuff do it because they need extra help and support. He says right at the beginning of The Total Money Makeover, that his plan is nothing new, it's plain old common sense that he stole from your grandma and the bible. What he does is break things down into a workable plan. Apparently though, everyone wasn't blessed with common sense or we would all be doing just fine financially and credit card companies would be out of business. Or like my husband and I, our common sense was hijacked for a while, but it came back to us when we were reminded of it by reading Dave Ramseys books.

Dave Ramsey is doing a wonderful job of helping Americans get out of debt and stay out of debt!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Yes we do!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2010