has anyone had to do the 3 hr gest diabetes GTT?

My results came back high on my first 1 hr test and mon I have to do the 3 hr test...anyone out there had any exp with Gest Diab or the 3 hr test- esp the pre test diet- thanks

momasoonto2

Asked by momasoonto2 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had to do the 3 hour with all 4 pregnancies. I am always right on the line and the 3 hour comes back just fine. I had to eat a candy bar every day, 3 days before the test. I never eat a lot of sweets during my pregnancy, so I ate the candy bar when I got up in the morning, so my body would be somewhat adjusted to the sugar rush when I took the test. The drink is twice as sugary as the 1 hour test. I don't like it at all, and have been given 2 drinks (of the 1 hour test) to drink. That was easier for me. Basically it's just a pain and a long wait. If you have morning sickness like I do all 9 months, it is rough. Good luck!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:21 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• bring something to do they dont let you leave, try not to puke

diet is normal, doc will tell you if you have to do anything special
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:40 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• bring a book.

had to do it with #3

they'll give you instructions on fasting/diet etc for before taking the test so there isn't a false test.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:41 AM on Nov. 28, 2009