Please help way TMI!

I had my son six days ago and lastnight had a clot the size of a baseball I called the dr and he said only come in if there are more well there haven't been but everytime I go to the bathroom I have a long string of blood then I wipe it off and next time I go I have another long string that hangs there wtf is this has anyone experienced it

kellensmommy08

Asked by kellensmommy08 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Health

• Yes, it sounds pretty normal to me.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• it's normal
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Scary as it sounds, it is normal.
    mom2LandL

Answer by mom2LandL at 10:36 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Clots can be from the blood pooling and not finding it's way out shall we say. If you are concerned make an appointment. Another thing to think about is if they didn't put you on an iron supplement, you may need to be checked for anemia. Just keep that in mind, if you feel week our sickly make sure to get in to your doctor. I get clots with my period and it drives me nuts. Another rule of thumb they told me is if you soak a pad an hour to go get checked. If you have a hidden clot it could seem like you are soaking a pad quickly until after you pass that clot out of your system then it will seem to let up. Best advise is to check with a doctor if you are unsure. Congrats on the new baby. With my period, the amount of walking or laying down determined the clots I get. Take care.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 28, 2009