Finger Paint with baby under 12 months

I would like to create some christmas gifts with my child's handprint or footprint. I did it at 3 months. Any craft ideas to do with print? or any way to get print without smuging alot. Or is there a good website to check out baby print crafts? would love some suggestions. I mostly want to do on paper but will do on other things.

tazkitty

Asked by tazkitty at 10:33 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• last year when DS was 6 months we made wall hanging reindeer.
    We used his foot for the head (toes up) and his hands for the antlers. (one on each side of the head) Then I added eyes and a large red rhinestone right on the heel for the nose.
    They were a hit! My stepdad who isnt very sentimental said it was his favorite gift that year.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:38 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• At the daycare where I work, they have occasionally let those infants "paint". They have parents' consent and they strip them down to their diapers, put 2 colors of paint out in like pie pans, roll out some big white or brown paper and the let kids explore, lol....usually they get paint all over themselves and crawl/roll on the paper. You could probably make wrapping paper that way. I forget what type of paint they use, I want to say it's something edible....I'll have to check.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• You will need to use non-toxic paint and something that is washable. My dd started painting at only 4 months old (they did it at her daycare). It's completely safe. I like the idea of wrapping paper too. You can also add shaving cream to the paint to make it more of a textured feel (they also make stuff just for that but I don't remember the actual name). You could make holiday cards or tags for gifts using your child's handprint or footprint. It will be very messy but well worth it!
    Kellileanne

Answer by Kellileanne at 11:25 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Just get non-toxic and keep it out of their mouth.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2009