Anybody taking/ has taken Yaz?

What was your experience with it? Any positives or negatives? How about weight loss/gain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Health

• I LOVED Yaz. It was the only regular birth control pill I could take without getting horrible mood swings really. I had no side effects from it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I took Yaz for a couple months but was bleeding continuously the whole time so I switched to ortho-tricyclen lo. It was MUCH better.
    I never gained or lost any weight on Yaz.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:21 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• My mom's friend took it and almost died from it. 3 other women i know became very ill from it as well. There are comertials on TV now from lawyers advertising for this birth control if you got sick from it, they will help you in a legal case. It's a big fat NO for me. I have a the mirena IUD and it's great.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• You can get sick and die from all hormonal forms of birth control. That is why they put the pamphlet with it. The pamphlet tells you that death, heart attack, stroke, blood clots, etc. are all possible side effects.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I was on Yaz for a year. I hated it. It killed my sex drive and made me feel horribly nauseous all the time. Also my periods were as irregular as they were with no drugs. As far as weight gain I didn't have any. I finally found a doctor who believed in other methods of BC than pills and I am now on Implanon. However I had a friend on it and she had no problems at all. It actually helped balance out her moods and lessened her cramping.
    CelticMom82

Answer by CelticMom82 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I was on ortho tricyclene for a few years. I was switched to Yaz, for more of the hormones. I have lots of facial hair. I haven't had a period in like 8 months. It didn't stop when I switched, so I'm surprised. I haven't had any problems since I've been on it. Except I think I have had problems with my gall bladder. Ultrasound showed nothing though. And I have polyps, or something, in my uterus. But both pills, I've heard, help prevent polyps. So, IDK. So far, so good. I think:/

Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2009