was your thanksgiving how you expected it......?

how u wished for it, ot the other way around ?

this is the 1st time that we dont celebrate it as a family :( everybody kinda did their own thing ! me n ma dh stayed home with our adorable 3 month old son ! it was a nice time spent among the 3 of us , but i was still sad bcuz i wanted to make it really special for my ds since it was his 1st !

i was really happy about the day coming lol and had even made plans with my mom , but i dont know why , she said "you didnt say anything " and i practically was begging them to come , but oh ! well , that was their choice ! but im still VERY DISSAPPOINTED cuz like i said i wante to make i very specal for my ds , nd is also a day meant to be sspent with your whole family !

was yours better than alot of previous one ?

was it almost the same thning ?

or was it "bad" ?

happymom1988

Asked by happymom1988 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Same ol' same ol' here. My mom's disabled, so my dad (they're divorced), & my hubs & kids pile in on her house, eat, then we left the kids w/ her so we could prepare for our Friday shopping.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• only thing I wish differently is that our roommate spent the day with us. He usually spends ALL day in his room watching movies and I tried to make this holiday welcome for him since he doesnt have much family. I made a ton of food and invited him to eat with us but he ate our food and went back in his room.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:34 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Our holiday was wonderful this year! This was the first year that everybody I invited actually showed up (total of 10 of us including me, DH & DS) and we had a lovely time. I prepared everything myself this year and, if I do say so myself, the dinner & desserts came out perfect, plus I had plenty of help in the kitchen after dinner, so clean up was quick & easy (thanks to DH & my SIL). The boys were well-behaved & managed to stay out from underfoot, the conversations were light & happy and it was just a really fine evening.

I hope everyone else had as wonderful of a holiday, too!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• This Thanksgiving was really nice. I've only had one bad Thanksgiving and that's when I went to Penn. with my (then) boyfriend and spent the Holiday with his family. It was a sad time for me, as I missed my family very much. I made a vow right then that I'd never spend another Holiday away from my family. And I haven't. Thanksgivings are never the same since my Grandparent's passed away. My Maternal grandparents always hosted Thanksgiving and it was always spent with tons of family. The warmth of the Holiday dimmed greatly since they passed and I fear I'll never get that back. However, this year my parents, one sister and her DH came up to celebrate with us. It was a nice Holiday and really felt like Thanksgiving for the first time in many years. We enjoyed our time and my family really enjoyed spending time with our two kids. I hope next year will be better, and slowly we'll regain that warmth and magic of the Holiday.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• It was about the same. It wasn't quite what I expected. I expected more people to be fawning over my cousin's new baby (her first) but instead my other cousin just played with my son and tried to make his pregnant wife happy (she was very tired). It was great being able to relax with family and NOT have my mother there (she ruins everything for me). I LOVE Thanksgiving. I dread Christmas, lol.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Mine was really good. It was the first time my mom came here to my house. So it was small, cozy. The usual stress to get everything done, the same stories I've heard over and over, great food, smiles and hugs. It was good, really good.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2009