Deadline for a mother to have children... should there be one?

Menopause lol. Seriously though, what is your opinion on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NOPE, thats a mothers reproductive right.

Why should there be one?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Health risks is what I was thinking.

OP
    Anonymous

• Health risks for mother and baby do rise as the women gets older. Personally I think 35 should be the limit based on increasing health risks. However, it should be every women's right to choose for themselves when they stop or start. No women should have their right taken away from them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• LOL! I think that was God's original way, yes. That's not our decision. Women used to have children up until menopause, but usually that's when the have big families and the older ones wind up practically raising the younger ones.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• That is very true, they know the health risks and so does their doc, whether they choose to go along with it or not is their choice. Thanks.

OP
    Anonymous

• I think menopause is the deadline, yeah.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Menopause is Gods way of saying you child bearing years are over. Before that its a human right to do whatever you please. I DARE this libral democracy to try placing a law like that in place! HA!
    Anonymous

• I dont think there should be an age to stop, however I do think there should be an age to begin :) Some people are WAY to young. Besides, older moms have so much monitoring and testing and generally take better care of themselves because they want it to work.
    Anonymous

• Menopause is God's deadline.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Why should AGE be a factor? If you can have conceive and carry to term NATURALLY (no IVF and related interventions), then all the power to you! While it is true that health risks for mother and child increase with age, it's not a set rule. I know a number of women who had physically and mentally disabled children in their teens, and early 20's--and they did EVERYTHING right when it came to pre and post natal care.

Some women don't meet or marry the men of their dreams until a little later in life. Should we not be able to have children, just because we waited?!

I married at age 32 and 33 and 35 when I had my children--not THAT old! One of my childhood friends married for the first time at 42, and naturally conceived twins at age 45 (her husband was 50 at the time)....everyone is perfectly healthy and never happier!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2009