Toddler bed blanket?

I want to make a very simple blanket/quilt for my daughter's new toddler bed she is getting for Christmas, but I don't have a pattern. Can you tell me how many yards of fabric I would need to buy? Thanks!

brighteyesbryar

Asked by brighteyesbryar at 12:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Depends if you're making an actual quilt-type, or just using a straight peice of fabric, etc. If you're making a fleece tie blanket, I'd get 3 yards total - 1.5 yards for each layer. If you're looking at the flannel, I'd go with at least 3 yards, if not 4 - doubled (2 layers, each 1.5-2 yards). Go to a good fabric store (not Wal-Mart or Hobby Lobby or some cheapy place) and ask for help - at the smaller stores like that the ladies working are very knowledgeable, whereas the ones working at Wal-Mart typically don't know as much.
    Anonymous

• same size as crib size. You could use a tape measure to see how much you want.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2009