I am gonna beat my husband half to death!

I just got a paper in the mail to tell me that he did not appear in court for the speeding ticket he never told me about so now we owe 280 dollars we don't have! Uhg! What am I supposed to do about this. I mean obviously pay it when we can(asap) but what about Dh? I asked and he says 'Oh! I totally forgot about that!' How in the Heck do you forget you got pulled over? I mean really?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 12:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• oh goodness! let me know when your going to beat him, so i can send mine over and you can beat him as well! mine lies to me all the time.
    Anonymous

• Ugh, if my husband didn't tell me stuff so I can put it on the calendar he'd do the same thing. Some men just can't get that stuff together. I'd be angry with him for a while, but eventually you'll have to let it go - not much else that you can do really. Try to ask him to promise to tell you next time - RIGHT AWAY.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• OMG I am with you beat him lol, I would probably be screaming for a good 2 hours if my dh did that. I dont know why men forget these type of details, they just do. Last time My dh got pulled over (about 4 years ago) he told me that it was my sons fault because he made him late and he was having to speed, LOL I said ummm excuse me are you not the parent? do you not have the ability to pick a 5 y/o up and place him in the car on time? He was just mad because i had just made the last payment on a previous ticket and he got another one and knew i was going to be mad. I am telling you men are just not entirely bright somedays.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• can it qualify for any kind of financial assistance? from the city or employer if he was on his way there? were i in need like that, i'd look for a foundation w/ that stuff or ... open one (as it looks there are many families alike yourself). have you ever decided on that or anyone you know, please shoot me a message. men would contribute a lot i quess as they're not guilt free. too bad, i do not have much time to start it on my own. anyways, good luck w/ possibly putting him to work on web design for the fundation (instead of whipping him to 1/2 death). that's`what i'd do.
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Unfortunately when we marry, we also incur their debts as well (according to Uncle Sam). Getting angry is counter productive. My hubby would make ATM withdrawals and forget which ones you could withdraw from for free. All those fees added up to the point that we had checks bounce! Telling him to write it in the checkbook was telling him how to take care of business so he'd get pissed. I learned to periodically order credit reports, check driver licenses for outstanding tickets, etc., and just pay them. I'd talk with him, not so much about the tickets, but about his overall irresponsibility and how it affects our family.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 1:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Why stop @ 1/2 to death? lol
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Nyx7- lol. gotta stop at half or that opens up a whole new set of issues! Other wise I think it would be totally called for. ;0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2009