PLMD. Do you have it? Do I have it?

Ok, so Dave has been getting rather pissy with my sleeping habits lately. I guess I literally kick my legs in my sleep. It gets so bad that it wakes him up, but it doesn't wake me up. The only thing I wake up for is to turn over. I have noticed that I feel really sleepy during the day. So I researched it a little lastnight. I'm concerned due to the issue I was having with my left back side. I ended up going to the doc and was tested for UTI and kidney infection. It was neither. He actually claimed that it was some muscle and he gave me a shot to "cure" it. But it didn't cure it. I still have pain in that side. So what scares me is the new sleeping habit I have encountered and reading what some of the causes are. Kidney disease is one.

So does anyone suffer from this sleeping disorder (Periodic Limb Movement Disorder)? If so, what steps did you take to have the issue solved? And what actually caused it?

angy129

Asked by angy129 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Health

• my dh complains that i move my feet and legs all night too but i have RLS and lots of kidney problems also. I hope though that you can get it all solved because I know how hard it is to not get a full nights sleep and feel exhausted during the day
    Lilmomma1986

Answer by Lilmomma1986 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i was not diagnosed with it but i have the same symptoms
    Anonymous

• When you went to the MD, did they only do a urine test to check your for UTI and KD? If so, I would ask for a blood test to run a comprehensive metabolic panel w/EGFR. That way you will get a better reading on your creatinine levels, your GFR level and your BUN. If those come back within normal ranges then start looking at another cause. But if they are abnormal, do a 24 hr urine for protein and creatinine clearance test, see what those results are, and then a renal ultrasound if needed.
    I have Stage 3 CKD but never showed any signs or symptoms and still haven't. It was caught in some random blood work.

Now my dh was RLS and drives me INSANE!
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 10:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2009