Jeus: Mythical or Messiah?

To the many moms on this site arguing what religion is "right" or "wrong", I want you to watch this video and reconsider the circular logic and selective reasoning that compells you to have faith.

Do not consider changing religion or faith b/c of this video or for what anyone else tells you. But consider the posibilities, the knowledge, and freedom of religion.

My question: (after you do your own research) is Jesus a Myth, or "a" Messiah?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 12:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I happen to think there are more similarities between Jesus and Krishna (traditional belief based on scriptural details and astrological calculations gives Krishna's birth year as 3228 BCE- long before Jesus) myself...

Jesus and Krishna were called both a God and the Son of God.
    Both was sent from heaven to earth in the form of a man.
    Both were called Savior, and the second person of the Trinity.
    Both adoptive human fathers were a carpenters.
    Both were visited at birth by wise men and shepherds, guided by a star.
    Angels in both cases issued a warning that the local dictator planned to kill the baby and had issued a decree for his assassination. The parents fled. Mary and Joseph stayed in Muturea; Krishna's parents stayed in Mathura.
    Jesus was called "the lion of the tribe of Judah." Krishna was called "the lion of the tribe of Saki."
    Both claimed: "I am the Resurrection."
    continued...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

•         Jesus

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I think Jesus is the Messiah, because the Hebrews expected Him and because of the signs He performed.

I believe in miracles because that is the best way for God to communicate with us, by suspending the laws of nature (sudden healings, Virgin Birth, Resurrection, etc.)

I believe that all of humanity (Nature) has been reaching out to the Supernatural (God) since time began, and that Christ is the answer not only to the Hewbrews but to the Gentiles (Pagans) as well.

shellbyrne

Answer by shellbyrne at 1:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I didn't get to watch teh video. I'll have to another time because my sound isn't working. But I will have to say Messiah because I am a Christian, I beleive that the bible is spirit filled, the spoken word of God, and that is where I go if I want to know Him. Also, because I do have a relationship with Jesus denying Him would be like denying my children or husband. Thanks fro sharing and I will watch it once my sound starts working again.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I watched the video and in all honestly Jesus is still the Messiah. Much of the information about Horus is miss represented and there is a lot of information we don't know about the Egyptian beliefs. There is no reason or evidence that Horus was born to a virgin in a cave. Isis is not Mary. Horus was not crucified he dies and simply reemergesevery morning as the sun god.  It really is an internet myth.  Horus is the sun god,  Jesus is the Son of God.  There is very little evidence, most of which has been provided by mainly two egyptologists.  Thank you for posting the video I enjoy learning about other people beliefs.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• based on the responses here I now realize what the video was about lol. I have heard all of this before. My husband is an athiest and brought this to my attention as well. All these other examples... Horus, etc. There are many things that set Jesus apart from any of these other stories, examples. God set the Jews apart from anyone else, they were God's chosen people. Jesus was prophesized as the Messaih and the prophecies have proven to be true and faithful. EyansMom001 makes some great points as well.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Precious333... where are these prophesies you speak of that came true? I see nothing but New Testament writers taking Old Testament versus out of context and trying to MAKE them fit Jesus.

Oh... and Ryansmom, there is just as much evidence for Jesus's birth than there is for Horus's (absolutely NONE), so what makes you think one is true and the other is not?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• There was a post on this a few Christmas back . Really this is old news. One thing that gets very annoying is the constant idea that Christians haven't heard all this before or that we are too brainwashed or stupid to learn and research for ourselves.

Honestly, of the all the hard core Christians I know, the most devout Christians are the ones that either never had faith or left their faith and found away home. I would say MOST (not all) Christians have questioned their faith at least once if not numerous times.

This type of stuff is ALWAYS at the core of questioning.
    Anonymous

• From my studying, I have come to the realization that Jesus is not the Messiah, he doesn't fit the requirements of the Messiah found in Jewish Scriptures and that is not to mention that the whole purpose of the Messiah was not an atoning death for all of man kind. I'm not sure whether or not Jesus was actually real or not, but that is no longer important to me.

Amlimommy

Answer by Amlimommy at 1:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• when I see something like and especially ihartu's response i see a person trying to convince themselves Jesus isn't real.

You got the Hera,laima, Zeus, Aphrodite and so on. I heard of these gods and goddess. I learned and studied them in college. I don't believe in them, but I never felt the need to PROVE them wrong. I am strong and secure enough in my faith I don't have to go around proving or convincing others their faith is wrong.

It is different when I hear pagans talking about their god(dess) I hear of people proud of their faith, when I hear pagans put down the Christian God I hear people who are insecure of their faith.

When I see these types of post, I see a person ASKING for Christians to prove them wrong. So be prepared for it.
    Anonymous