Survey Time: Computers

My hubby wants to buy a new computer & wanted me to ask here:
Which type & Brand would YOU recommend? (and please, don't say Mac, 'cause we is poor folks ! lol) Thanks to all who answer !!

TazzMom

Asked by TazzMom at 1:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have loved my Dell's (but the next one will be a Mac, sorry!)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Dell or hewlet packard.
    Anonymous

• compaq
    Anonymous

• DELL
    Anonymous

• I had a dell and it worked pretty good for a while... now I have an acer and it works good too
    Domsmom2009

Answer by Domsmom2009 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i love the Dell
    Anonymous

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 1:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i have a dell and love it.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Nothing but HP here. My current laptop is a 5 year old HP and we have yet to have any problems with it. My dad & brother have older ones, and haven't had any issues. I know more people who've had nothing but good luck with HP, and nothing but bad luck with anything else. Just the other day our photographer said (not knowing our penchant for HP) "Man this thing sucks! (speaking of her Dell) I should have gotten the HP I was looking at!". We have a relative who does computer repair work, and has had very few HPs in his shop, but sees everything else out there. Poor or not (we're poor too!) the cheaper you go, the worse your luck will be. You get what you pay for! We paid $1700 for mine (had a bunch of special order stuff put on it when we ordered) and it's the best money we've spent in a long time!
    Anonymous

• I have a Ace(Aspire 6920) I personally have had NO problems with mine it has a lot of high end features for not much money.
    Anonymous