Church of Christ-Cult???

I have heard this several times before--and it arose on my table/mind again lately--does anyone know if Church of Christ is really considered a "cult" or "cult" type religion and why????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think it is becasue of what they teach, how they act. and everything else.
    Anonymous

• because""
    Anonymous

• what do u mean how they act and teach? i was jw
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I attended a Church of Christ with a bf for about 4 years. I never thought it was a cult.
    A few different things about them: they passed communion at your seat, the particular church we attended at a baptismal pool behind the altar and adults were baptized wearing white robes when they were ready....um....I can't think of anything else "different" about it and I was brought up Methodist, now practicing Presbyterian.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• jw is worse. they are a huge cult!
    Anonymous

• money money money money.. thats what they are about and they teach you and tell you one thing and do another behinde your back
    Anonymous

• LMAO @ STUPID ANON 12:43....dont be a dumb ass when i wrote ----> "i was jw" i meant "i was Just Wondering"...LOL
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Anon, ihernandez said jw meaning "just wondering"

To the OP: I have heard some "interesting" things about Church of Christ, but nothing that would make them a cult, there is however the international churches of Christ, which is labeled by "biblical" Christians as a Cult. It originated from the Church of Christ, but is no longer part of that denomination and is now it's own.

~AL

Anonymous

• Why are Christians so quick to label other denoms as cults and throw a fit if anyone questions the validity of their own?
    Anonymous

• jw is worse. they are a huge cult!

We are not a cult.
    Anonymous