baby bad skin - help!

my baby has a rash on the side of her face. it's very red and easily irritated. also she as a rash that has formed under her neck, I think from formula dripping down and it's really irritated. it's hard to keep that area dry! I have put aquafor on both areas, but isn't helping a lot. we bath her twice a week, should we be bathing more? I heard that dries out baby skin, so I am worried about that. plush she has cradle crap too!! any ideas out there??

shandyeddie

Asked by shandyeddie at 1:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aveeno lotion for infants. works really well.
    Anonymous

• You need to make sure you keep the skin dry, even if that means putting a burp cloth under her chin while she eats. Make sure you clean it really well, even if it is just with a wash cloth or baby wipes, but do this every day. Make sure it is dry before you put anything on it, and I would continue to use Aquaphor. As far as her face I don't know what you should do, but aquaphor has always worked with all of our DD's skin issues.. So good luck!
    Anonymous

• Try diaper rash cream on the areas away from her mouth and eyes? I used to put diaper rash cream on my son's neck. He was a chubby infant so a lot of milk got trapped between the folds. Make sure you wipe the neck and face every night. No need for a daily bath, just washcloth and warm water. As for the cradle cap, Walmart sells a product with winnie the pooh on the bottle specifically for cradle cap. I left it on my son's scalp for awhile and then use a comb with round-edged tooths and soft-bristle brush. First I lifted the flakes off his head (gently! don't make his head raw and bleed) and then I used the soft bristle brush to get it out of his hair. Then re-apply the cradle cap stuff. His scalp cleared up within a day and never returned.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 2:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2009