Did my water break during sex?

I'm 38 weeks pregnant and my husband and I had sex last night when I felt a gush. I havent had any contractions after and when we checked to see the fluid it was clear/cloudy and smelt like nothing. (I know it wasnt pee because I take my perinatal at night so it makes my pee very yellow). But I havent had any leakage or contractions... Could it still have been my water breaking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• please go to the doctor just incase. sounds like it.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it can be a while before the contractions begin. And in rare cases, some women won't even recognize or feel contractions. (me) Call the doc but don't worry.
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 1:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I agree, because if this happend last night it is very possible your baby has been in there with no fluid for too long already. You should go to the doctor.
    Anonymous

• But your water does have a funny smell to it.. It really could've been pee also. But I would get it checked out to make sure!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• If you aren't leaking now, then I would say no. It is possible that the bag got a slight tear and repaired itself.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• It might have been your plug too if i hasnt already came out. my plug was waterey at first then when i wiped it had the mucus texture. call your doc.
    Anonymous