Guess what my DH just said today?

He asked me where I keep the broom and dust pan. Yes, that is how much he sweep the floor, never. I answered him. Said. in the pantry in the kitcken. He says,, you need to sweep the kitchen floor. He meant I must have lost the broom and dust pan.
I looked at him. Said you sweep the floor if you think it is that dirty. Then I walked away. Men, sometime I wonder.

Asked by louise2 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Men are hilarious aren't they! Just curious did you end up sweeping? I had this thing where my DH was upset over not having any clean socks, IDK how I missed them, but he went on and on, and I didn't do his laundry for 2 weeks, just wondering if your going to sweep the floor or wait to see what happens? LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Well get in there and sweep. Obviously you are not doing a great job keeping your house up if he felt the need to criticize you about it.

Oh, sorry, that is the kind of mean spirited answer you always give, so I thought you would like it in return.
    Anonymous

• WOW
    o_0
    Anonymous

• Probably will not sweep the floor tell Monday. Since he said that to me. When he is at work.

Anonymous :08 Why are you harassing me? Who are you? Do I know you? Am I bothering you? If you do not like the way I answer posts why don't you just block me and then you will not see me again? Or do you just like to stalk and harass me?

Answer by louise2 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• i think you should go on strike! dont sweep the floor for a whole month! i bet you he'll know where the broom and dustpan is.
    xD
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Hmmm funny how they point out something needs to be done, but then walk away and don't do it themself? If he is so bothered by the floor then maybe HE should sweep it- and not expect you to automatically jump up and do it.
    My hubs is good at doing things- like putting the new dishwasher in---- but then leaves his tools all over the floor and counter, whatever he moved he leaves there... so I have to go after him and 'clean up'. It gets frustrating sometimes.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Oh Louise! This gave me a chuckle! It wouldn't have been so bad if he'd just mentioned the floor- although you'd think that if he noticed it needed cleaning that he'd do it, but to ask about the broom and dustpan- that is just cold!

Answer by Bmat at 3:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• DH would NEVER say some thing like that! He's not an ass! If he thought the floor needed to be swept then he would do it, he knows where the broom is!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Well, apparently you need to get in gear. I agree with the other anon. My husband does help out on his days off BUT if he noticed that something was bad enough from my neglect well....that would be my fault. You should actually keep up on things like sweeping and to not do it to be spiteful is pretty childish.
    Anonymous

• i am gone from the house six days a week and when I do come home he asks me when I am going to clean and makes a big deal about it I have one day a week to shop do laundry and wash dishes. I got tired of hearing him complain so when he does I tell him is it Saturday or Sunday when he says no and moves away because he knows he is not going to do it so he just waits. I work and go to school so when he complains he does not for long.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2009