Can you please help me?

I am probably the world's crappiest single mom but I want to make things better so I am asking for your help. My LO is 8 years old and for eight years we have never had a schedule or routine. Everyday is a different day and NOTHING is the same as the day before. I just want things to be more routine with homework time, alone time, dinner time, play time. On my one day off, we do nothing really but be lazy together. Can someone please share their daily/weekly schedules and routines with me so I can make one for us but have something to go off of... please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Make a list if you have to. Ex, homework as soon as he gets home from school. Dinner at 6. Playtime/alone time 7-8. Bath/downtime 8-9. Bed time 9:30. Days off plan a fun activity as simple as library or trip to the mall.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 2:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Great answer from mommorgan! Our family doesn't necessarily have a set schedule, but we have a bit of a routine. I agree on making a written list... there's absolutely nothing wrong with lists! I have to have them to truly be organized and on top of things. Otherwise things get forgotten! Routines are important, but also it's important to be able to go with the flow of things. You mentioned you're a single mom, things come up and rountines/schedules get moved around. That's okay- the biggest thing is not to worry about it and stress that you missed that part of R/S. Trips to the library or local park are great. Also a box of markers or crayons and some drawing paper can always be fun!
    sfoster85

Answer by sfoster85 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2009