well, my girlfriend from Michigan is down for the holidays, she always goes shopping near my area when she's in town, but she has't called.

I knitted her son a gorgeous hat, I always send him birthday and Halloween cards and her sister had a baby and I crocheted it a blanket and helped with the shower and send her cards all the time. They don't even ask about my kids. And have ever given them anything. Now they are in the area and don't even call. Why am I chasing them? Should I just drop the whole thing??

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well I wouldn't keep chasing. Wait for them to contact you this time if they do.
    Anonymous

• If you were that kind of friend to me...I'd be over at your house before I went shopping!!!
    I live 4 hours away from some old friends and I am always in their area and was always calling them.....then realized they never make the effort to stay in touch so screw it!
    I was just down in that area 3 days ago and will be going back next week. I want to get in touch and say hi to everyone. Why bother when they can't keep their end up? They can't even send a Facebook message or reply to my status updates.
    Anonymous

• sounds exactly like my situation. I guess I will know where I stand with them..very hurtful though.
    ilovedogs1967

Answer by ilovedogs1967 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I would not bend over backwards trying to find out why she has not called. If she is the way she is towards you, and here you have taken the time to knit something for her son, sister's baby a blanket? Use the hat for your own child or a close friend near by.

I am one whom never really liked unexpected company and friends ALWAYS called, cause we lead different lives, and busy so we all made a pact to phone before wanting to visit each other...not just barge in, cause I've done that as they have and we were leaving, you know?

Leave her be......be thankful for the friends whom are more courteous to you and your family as you are to them!

True it IS hurtful, but you don't need a friend whom can't be nice enough to phone you when in town.
    Anonymous