Is or has anyone been a CNA?

I am currently going to school to be an X-ray tech but I need a job NOW and i have no idea when ill get an xray job so I saw it only takes liek a weekend class and take a test to be a CNA and make about 11 and hour and there BIG in demand here so I was wondering how it is

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• Used to do that, I would strongly suggest look for a job in an adult family home, if you decide as a CNA. There is a potential of short staff at nursings homes, from my own experience, and way too much neglect because of it. With an adult family home, there is more personal care, and cleaner environment.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 2:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Only a weekend class?! Not likely - more like a number of weekends in a row - even the shortest CNA class around here is 6 weeks of practically round-the-clock classes. Plus of course your state's boards. GL.
    Anonymous

• In my state its not required to take the classes, just the test.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 5:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• It's scary that you do not have to take the class in your state.
    I have taken the class and I did 72 of the 75 hours of unpaid intership that is required in my state. It is a very stressful job. I did my hours in a nursing home. If you can't handel the smell of urine and fecial matter,don't even start! Get a job in retail instead. You have to be cut out for a job like that. I found out I was pg and I ditched the whole thing. GL
    Anonymous

• I guess I did not clearly state what was required. I wiped incontenent ppls bottoms nearly the whole time. Both after #1 and #2!! Sometimes they are still going when you are doing it. Also,I had to give a shower to a 40 year old man who was paralized from the waste down.
    Anonymous

• Don't assume that the test is easy! My husband took a three month class plus clinical training and still failed it twice! You have to actually demonstrate like 60 skills and i you miss one you fail the entire test. But they don't tell you until the end. I have no idea what the written portion was like. And like the other person said, my husband was called a PAW professional ass wiper.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 10:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2009