do you think that its true that 3rd shift workers live shorter than day shift??

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think they age faster in a physical way.
    Anonymous

• I don't know if it's true, but if they work during the winter, that's got to be hard. You work all night, you sleep during the day, by the time you get up, it's dark again. You don't even get to see the sunlight! And that could start depression, which could shorten someone's life. Who knows!

A job is a job though. In these times, people will take what they can get, no matter what the consequences are..,,,
    Anonymous

• Probably, I worked third shift for the Sheriffs Dept for three years and I changed a lot. I got dark and mean. I thought I was getting enough sleep but apparently I wasn't.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I don't know if they do or not but their wives certainly do! DH worked nights for a while before we had kids, I worked all day , naturally can't sleep on the job, and couldn't sleep at night alone in the house either...
    Anonymous

• I worked 12 hour shifts at an animal hospital from 8PM-8AM for three nights in a row (on the weekend) and had to go to school the next morning on one of those work"days". (This went on from Aug. 2008 - Apr. 2009.) I have a child so I had to take care of him and go to school throughout the week while Husband worked the day shift. I spent the week readjusting into a sleep-at-night, awake-during-the-day schedule just to have to transition back for the weekend. It was excruciating. I quit as soon as Husband was promoted. I was ABSOLUTELY more depressed, angry, and unhealthy. I gained weight and had more minor illnesses.
    I couldn't possibly guess what that would do to someone who worked like that for years.
    Audreying

Answer by Audreying at 4:39 AM on Nov. 29, 2009