Hyper 15 month old!

My 15 month old son is extremely energetic. I know this is somewhat normal for his age (and I'm a first time mommy with no prior toddler experience so I'm learning as I go!) but he just seems to be super hyper all the time! He never ever sits still (and I mean NEVER!) and sometimes it's even hard to get him to sit and eat. I'm having a hard time taking him out to places because he won't stay in one place and throws tantrums if I try to keep him in a stroller. Is it normal for him to be this active or could this be signs of ADHD? If it is normal, at what age do they normally calm down? Of course I'll mention my concerns to his doctor at his next appt. just wanted to get some other mommy opinions!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son became this way once he learned how to walk (10 m/o) lol! He's 19 months old and doesnt like to keep still. He is the one who goes right to the toys during storytime at the library. They allow the children to play once the stories are over, but he wants to play the whole time. The librarian is fine with it. She knows how hard it is for that age to keep still, but all the others contently sit in their mother's lap and participate in the clapping games or listen to the story. When we are out and about he can sit in his stroller or the cart contently most of the time. I wouldnt say your LO has adhd! too early to tell since this is normal for many toddlers!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• my ds is always on the go too, lol. usually if I'm trying to go somewhere where I need him to sit still for a bit I take him somewhere to run around first; mall playplace, park, ect. when we're eating I let him have a few toys at the table too keep him occupied, same when we go out to eat
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I have a 15 month old with the same thing. Their learning how to walk and move around themselves it's normal because they want to go explore. good luck :) I feel ya!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2009