what helped you get over your ex?

My daughters dad said never again. i guess out of the 3 times that he's left me out of the 4 years i finally did my share on leaving him. now i want him back and i messed up too many things to even try to fix it..

anyways i need something to give me a little push out of this hole im in being upset. any quotes or advise?

Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• i dated someone I knew for many years and we ended up moving to a different state together and got engaged, it didnt work out after a while and we broke up. He is now married and has children. his wife is someone we became mutual friends with while dating...AAAAAAAAWKWARD! He and I remained friends for a long time since we knew each other for so long, but he eventually went his separate ways. I dated a few guys on the rebound, always (not to their face) compared them to him...it was a hard transition! But I remembered, "oh yeah, he abused me mentally and physically, he was a bigot..." I am at a place in my life where I couldnt imagine still being with him. Now I am with a loving boyfriend and we have a son together. I do still think about my ex on occasion, but not to the point where I want him back. I would never want him back after the way things turned out near the end.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• http://helpguide.org/mental/coping_divorce_relationship_breakup.htm

If you are spiritual then I would suggest a lot of prayer and self-evaluation so that you will go into the next relationship with a clearer mind and clear expectations of yourself and your mate. It will be hard and tempting to date immediately just to get your mind off of things or tempting to enter back into a relationship that keeps falling apart. Just take some time for yourself so that you can see things clearer. In time you will heal from this and grow stronger. Hope the website and my thoughts help a little. *hugs*

mamasarias

Answer by mamasarias at 5:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I went back so many times because I loved him and because of guilt. I finally walked away for good because I know I deserve better. I was tired of all the fighting, all the breaking and making up and his drinking. Strength comes within time and it took me a year and a half to walk away and never look back. Someone once told me that "an ex is an ex for a reason" which I didn't believe at the time but it's true... once a relationship is broken, it is harder and harder each time to fix. You gotta realize that you deserve better, that you deserve to be happy... if you have to fight for his love, then you will never be loved like you truly deserve.

Stay strong, put your chin up and walk away with pride. Good luck.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Go buy this book, this is the site, "breakingupwithoutbreakingdown.com

Answer by older at 5:28 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• You might want to check out the term relationship addiction. You can also read the book How to Fall Out of Love. That was a great help for me.
    Anonymous

• My ex was a dick and that was all the motivation I needed...lol:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2009