Do milkscreen tests really work? Where to buy?

I think it's a brilliant idea. I know the suggested retail prices for the strips and wanted to know if anyone has found them cheaper anywhere?

And if you have used them, describe your experience for me.

I don't know if i'm being over cautious or not, but if they are accurate i'd love to skip the engorged boobs and three dirty shirts they cause. Yes i pump.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What type of milkscreening are you talking about? The screening strips I heard about are the ones for alcohol in BM. those you can get at Babies R US. I have no idea how much they are.
    Are there other types of screening strips?
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• How much are you drinking that you are engorged before you can feed baby again?

Once alcohol is out of your bloodstream, it's out of your milk. Don't waste your money on tests, just be mindful. A glass of wine with dinner? Don't worry about it... a beer when you go out for pizza? Nurse next time baby is hungry. If you plan to have 2 drinks, nurse right before (or during) your first drink and you should be good to go next time baby is hungry. If you've got a frequent feeder, obviously have a bottle of previously expressed milk on hand.

I wouldn't have more than 2 drinks until baby is much older.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2009