If we came from apes, where did the apes come from? My ten yr old just asked this.

My 10 yr old son and I are watching a youtube video about our religion and out of the blue he says if we came from animals where did they come from? I thought it was a good question. So those that believe in evolution. Where did the animals that we came from come from? I haven't studied evolution, so was curious of the belief on this.

GDIMOM

Asked by GDIMOM at 5:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• africa
    Anonymous

• that is my whole problem with the teaching of evolution. The THEORY is that all species evolved from lower species. All life came from a pool of proteins called amino acids, some how these amino acids were drawn together, some think by electric charge, and formed a single cell animal, as this animal reproduced (how I don't know) it found problems in it's environment to survive it adapted or evolved....this process continued until we had the diversity of animals, plants, etc we see now.

Now, evolutionist please don't pound me on this, I was explaning this as to a 10 year old.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• The theory of evolution does NOT teach that we come FROM apes. Just that Apes and Humans have a similar ancestor.

You and your cousin are not the same... In fact you are very different. But you both have the same grandparents... Just like Apes and People...

We are very very very distant cousins on the evolutionary family tree... But we did NOT come FROM apes!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Anonymous

• As salamu aliakum sis.. Allah tells us in the Quran that animals are a separate creation from humans. he also tells us that he creates from naught. One of Allah's name is Al Bari (the one who creates from nothing). In The Quran Allah teaches adam the names of all things (including animals). Insha Allah you'll be able to learn about this and teach it to your son from Allah's own words. Evolution is man made theory to explain what they cannot.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:54 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Thanks for the explanations.

Wa alaikum salam sis Aasiyah, he was wondering why people (who don't believe in our creator) think that when it is impossible to come from nothing :)
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 7:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• We don't come from apes, we come from a common ancestor that is also an ancestor to the apes. That ancestor no longer exists because it evolved genetically to different beings. If you want to see the common ancestor of every non-plant lifeform on the planet, it's called a trilobite, and there are fossils of them all over the planet

http://www.rogerwendell.com/images/evolution/trilobite_and_roger_wendell%27s_pinky_finger_09-04-2006.jpg

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• There are plenty of good science books for young children, including some that explain evolution. i would not rely on anything on youtube for educational purposes and I refuse to let my children watch it.

There is even more rubbish and junk science on the net than there is on television.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Allah creates how he wills.. it just takes one look at around the entire world to see this. From different trees to different people, flowers, even our ocean water and rain drops.

What man says about us coming from apes or being ancestors is denying that Allah made adam from dirt/ clay...

ps..Gdimom.. your son is a smart one. Allah akbar!!!
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2009