Let's play measure the 3 yr old, is yours short too?

hehehe... I think my son is short for his age, 37.5 inches tall. Do you think he will be avergae in height as an adult? I am 5 5 and my husband is 5 8 but the rest of the males in the family are over 6ft. My Hubby was born at 26 weeks....
Just wondering if my daughter will be taller!! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Mine is 38 inches, he turned 3 in August. I could have sworn my daughter was taller at that age....
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• my daughter is 37 in she turned 3 in october
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• My newly turned 3 year old is 36 1/4 inches tall. He's dropped to the 25th percentile. (my other son was 37 1/2 inches at 2 years! lol)

There is no way to know how tall she is going to be. Old wives tale says to take a girl's height at 18 months (2 years for a boy) and double it...that's how tall to expect her to be as an adult.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• My daughter was 33in at her 3 year check-up in May. She sprouted up to 37in in October. My little one was 32in at her 2 year check-up.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• 38 inches she was 36 in for a year and is under height and weight her dr told me she would be lucky if she hit 5'3 my height
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 8:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• My son will be 3 in January and he's just shy of 40in.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Also, don't worry about how big or little they are right now. ; )

I was one of the smallest kids in my whole school until junior high, then I shot up to be one of the taller girls. My mum is 5'3 and my dad is 5'10 so there's not a lot of tallness in my family. My older sister hit 5'5 and stopped growing, I kept going until I hit 5'7.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My daughter is 43 inches and 3 1/2 years old. She is very tall for her age but her daddy is 6'3'' and I'm 5'7''. She can already see over the tops of counters and even reach the faucet to turn the water on in the sink. I would rather her be shorter because at this age I think her getting into things would be less of a problem. People are always shocked when I tell them her age because they expect her to be 5. Buying clothes is frustrating because she is not fully potty trained and the 4t- 5 pants she needs to wear dont give extra room in the booty for pullups. Given my daughters height now, I have no doubt she will be taller than me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• my son turned 3 in september,he was 38in. at his 3 year checkup...I think he's still a little short for his age,but the dr. says you can never be too sure because when he hits a growth spurt he could shoot up 3 or 4 in. all at once...
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 30, 2009