If you stay at home, what is your schedule?

I want to make a schedule, I hope you can help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays are the only days we are home all day. We get up around 8:30 or so and eat breakfast and watch an hour of morning cartoons so I can get going and get any morning chores done. Then I play with him until about 11 or so. I work on his communication skills while we are playing so he can get a little more out of our playtime. Then he plays by himself while I fix lunch. After lunch it's naptime. Usually around 12:30 or 1. Then he'll wake up around 3 or so and if it's nice we'll go play outside for awhile. If it's not we'll color or do some other activity that will hold is attention. Then around 5 I start supper and he plays be himself until his dad gets home around 5:30 or 6. Then they play while I finish making dinner. We all eat around 6:30 and then we get Brandon ready for bed and do whatever for the rest of the night. He's 2 by the way. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 6:44 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Well, if you're a Christian, you would probably like Managers of Their Homes by Teri Maxwell. A huge step by step process for creating a schedule. It's geared towards sahm who homeschool. You wouldn't like it if you're not Christian, because they talk about God at least half of the book. Just saying, it may not be for everyone, but I LOVE it.

Our schedule is like this: (between 5 and 7 some things get rearranged if the baby wakes up earlier or later, so the time isn't exact, I just move stuff up or down depending on when she gets up) (my girls are 2 and 1)

5 up shower dress, have devotion, get table set for breakfast
    6 baby gets up and nurses while I read
    6:30 dress baby, unload dishwasher
    7 two year old up, dressed, pottied, etc, so this takes about 30 minutes, straighten up the girls room
    7:30 Bible reading / fix breakfast (usually oatmeal and cut up fruit, it's ready to go)
    cont
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• cont
    8-8:30 play with daddy (works nights, so this is his only time in the am with girls)
    8:30-11:30 out of house - I go to the YMCA, grocery store, wherever we need, but I always get home by 11:30)
    11:30-12 playroom fun
    12-12:30 lunch
    12:30 clean up (my 2 year old "helps") then we play until 1
    1:00 baby goes down for nap while 2 year old gets 1 tv show, usually dinosaur train, lol
    1:30 craft with 2 year old, I get her started, then I go do chores
    2:00 mail / computer stuff, 2 year old comes and helps, she opens envelopes and colors while we talk in the office
    2:30 baby up from nap and I read to the kids while I nurse her
    3:00 outside! we go for a walk then play in the backyard. if it's raining, I pull out either legos or little people, whichever is being hidden for the rainy day. we're out until 4:30
    4:30 play in playroom
    cont
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• 5 I start dinner. 2 year old "sets" the table, 1 year old carries the silverware for her. That takes about 20 minutes, lol. Depending on dinner, I cook dinner and help the kids clean the playroom and do quiet activities in the kitchen.
    6 Dinner, and dad gets downstairs to have dinner with us
    6:30 kids upstairs with dad for baths, I clean the kitchen, and straighten up the downstairs
    7:00 stories and Bible time with dad
    7:30 dad goes to work, 2 year old to bed, 1 year old downstairs with me to nurse while I read or watch something on tv, she's out by 8
    8-8:30 flexible, I play around a bit, get breakfast ready (cut up fruit), lay out dinner to thaw or whatnot
    8:30 get ready for bed and go to bed by 9

Now, when I have downtown during the day, I have facebook and cafemom on my phone, so I'll answer a question or e-mail a friend or whatnot.

cont
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• cont
    On dad's weeks off, he just jumps into our schedule. He takes the girls from 8:30-11:30 while I do special projects around the house (cleaning out a closet, whatnot) go to the gym alone, or have a Bible study I do once a week. He goes to the gym in the afternoon and does his running around. He takes our 2 year old with him if he's not going to the gym (if one of us is off, they don't go to child care at the gym, only if he's working and I'm going to the gym). So he'll take her with him for errands or to do non mowing yard work. His week off is what most people would use for a weekend schedule.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:11 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• apexmommy: yours sounds like a wonderful schedule my question is does you 2 year old nap? I too am always looking for a better schedule I will research your suggested book.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 8:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I STAY HOME BUT ALL MY KIDS IN SCHOOL..

UP 630 KIDS GONE BY 845..I GO BACK TO BED TILL 10 ..GET UP HOUSEWORK TILL 230 THAN KIDS HOME.
    KRIZZ25

Answer by KRIZZ25 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Wake up at 5
    Feed baby (5 months)
    Get my 3 yr old up at 5:30 and get him dressed, fed, etc.
    Put him on the bus at 6:10
    Put baby in stoller at 6:20 and go running for an hour
    7:30 drink coffee and eat breakfast while baby is in the Jumperoo
    Baby usually falls asleep at about 8:30...at which point I will shower and get ready for whatever errands I need to do
    All errands or cleaning are done between 9 and 11.
    11:20 I go to get my 3 year old off the bus
    3 year old takes a nap from around noon until 2
    2 pm - snacktime
    by around 2:30 or 2:45 we are headed out to do something....play outside, go to the park, sometimes grocery store if I haven't done that yet.
    We're usually back at home by 5 pm getting ready for dinner, homework and all the stuff that goes with bedtime...baths etc.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 9:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Up at 6:30.
    Kids to school at 7:40.
    Clean up and play on the computer.
    Pick up LO at 10:25.
    Eat after school snack, play with LO.
    2:40 Pick up older kid. Supervise HW.
    4:00 start dinner
    5:00 eat dinner (hubs comes home)
    6:30 shower/bath time
    8:00 bed time
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• From 8-9 lay in bed and be served breakfast in bed by my husband
    9-11 take a nap
    11-1 go out to lunch with my girlfriends
    1-5 eat bon-bons

KIDDING!!!!

Anonymous