Im going to start to go to counseling

but do you think we should do couples counseling

Me and my fiance just had a baby. Ever since Ive been really controlling and emotionslly abusive to him, I admit it. I also am working on it because I really didnt realise I was being this way.
Its like he does nothing right and it just pisses me off. Im very willing to work on this and I have a counselor calling me tuesday to arrange a day and time to meet up. But is it really going to be beneficial if I go only or should we find another counselor that we can both go to, or will a counselor ask for him to come in a few time too.

Im new to this but am admitting to needing help and I just want it to be most effective

advice please

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 6:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• it might be best for you to start the counseling on your own, since the issue seems to reside solely in you. you should be proud of yourself that you are in touch with your "imperfections". it is a good sign of willingness to change. the counselor will tell you if it's necessary for your fiance to be there too. it certainly can't hurt. big time kudos to you. :-D
    momof1monkey70

Answer by momof1monkey70 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I agree. Begin with working on your issues and then bring dh in.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• It's great that you see the issues. And that you are willing to get help. You could try therapy, just you. And if things don't go the way you'd like, bring him in.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2009