Help, I dont want bedrest. I love my job

My feet have been swollen for months, and recently started to turn purple if Im on them to long... Job has alot to do with that. But my dr said she was going to start worrying when my hands start to swell. My rings just recently started to not fit on my fingers, and they are so sore and swollen I can barely make a fist. (just cant close my hand all the way). Do doctors start to think about bed rest when the hands swell as long as the feet?

YoungMomToBe29

Asked by YoungMomToBe29 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is there a way to decrease your work load without going on permanent bed rest?  You don't want to risk complications but if you can cut back but still keep working some.  It is law that any woman past 25 weeks must be allowed leave and is eligible for disability. 

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I agree listen to your doc. and drink a lot more water, it will help the swelling decrease
    Anonymous

• so you would rather danger your child??? Go on bedrest, I had to at 29 weeks and was still able to return to my job after the baby was born. there are laws to protect your job
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• See I work for a school district as a substitute paraprofessional so no I wont have a job when I come back I will have to find another long term and another room to work in. I know about the laws when I was hired at a full time job with benefits but this is different, they just stick someone else in my place and when Im able to return to work then I have to wait and find another room to work in. Very complicated
    YoungMomToBe29

Answer by YoungMomToBe29 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 29, 2009