If you were bad off and couldnt barely afford even food would this make you happy or feel worse about your situation?

My girlfriends and I have been setting aside money since middle of summer and we have a lot of money saved up. What we are planning on doing is "giving" it to the community.
It our city it is not hard to tell where the poorer folks live so we have chose a neighborhood and we are going to go grocery shopping and get about 30 - 40 dollars worth of canned foods and other small items and set them on the door steps. of these apartments. It is all anon. No one will know who put the food there.
We just felt that even though we are not 100% there are a lot of families that are way worse off than us so we wanted to help.
Would this make you happy to find food on your steps or would you feel worse?
I ask because a couple of the girls husbands have said that we are going to make people feel bad that they cant afford their own food.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Nov. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What a beautiful thing to do! If I was the recipient, I would be very grateful and happy. I see that when God made you and your girlfriends, He gave each of you a true heart of gold! God bless all of you!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• OP I ment 30 -40 dollars of food for each house.
    Anonymous

• I would love it! =) Seriously! I would probably do a little happy dance if I needed food and someone put some on my doorstep. That's a fantastic idea!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 6:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• If I was in a situation like that, it'd definitely make me happy.
    Good job to you for wanting to do things like that. <3
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 6:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Are you going to leave a note or something? I don't think I'd use it if I just found it on my door step and i've been in rough times before (Getting food from local churches and pantries) I wouldn't have ate food left at my door; doesn't seem safe. A note or/and a knock at the door would be better.
    Anonymous

• We planned on little christmas cards with the food.
    To let them know that we were helping them but not telling them who we were.
    We just wanted to help out in some way with how bad things have been for so many people. We just thought we would do what we could.

OP

Anonymous

• If I was poor, I think it'd be great.

My concern would be how realistic this is. What if one family woke up and got theirs first and decided to take everyone else's? What if some pranksters were walking by and decided to take them?
    Anonymous

• I think I'd be so Happy! I'd have food to have & share! I'd start jumping up & down and realize my prayers & wish had been granted! That sounds very Sweet. I'd feel great doing that if I were you! There's no other feeling like giving and making a difference in someone's life!! Plus you never know how bad one is.. what if that day they were going to do something drastic. And you just brightened their day and provided hope! A clear head with good nutriotion! No one deserves to go hungry! Ihope you can do this with friends! I hope that great feeling of helping gives you so much pure satisfaction! Best of Luck to you
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• In all honesty, if i knew where it came from i'd be super happy and sooooo very grateful if i was one of them. But if it were me, without knowing where it came from i'm not sure i would use it. Its just that i'd be very weary of food that was left on my doorstep. I think its a wonderful and thoughtful thing you want to do though. How kind of you :)

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2009

• Just knock on the door and when they answer, hand them the bag, say Merry Christmas and leave real quick. They'll be too surprised to get a real good look at you so they won't recognize you later unless they already know you. That way you know THEY got the food, and it's still anonymous. (Plus they know it's for them.)
    Anonymous